So my sister is trying to figure out if she needs to go gluten-free or not. She is also lactose intolerant, and I love the challenge of trying to come up with recipes to fit her diet, even though she might not like it. =) I wanted to make something with ingredients that most people would have in their pantries. My immediate family liked it, though, and she even said they were good!
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (I put old fashioned oats in a food processor until they were ground up into a flour; use Gluten Free if needed)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs (can use an egg substitute like using 1 T flaxseed w/3 T water per egg that you whisk separately)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (can substitute apple sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk like coconut milk (or other milk)
- Spray/grease your waffle maker and turn it on.
- Combine all ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into the waffle maker.
- Keep an eye on the waffle maker until it indicates the waffle is ready.
If you like this recipe, and are interesting in making your own pumpkin, go here.