Easy Oat Flour Pie Crust
This recipe is similar to a graham cracker pie crust recipe. I love the fact that the oats give us an alternative to using white flour all the time, and if you use certified gluten-free oats, you have an easy gluten-free pie crust option.
A quick side note, if you use this recipe for a pot pie, you can use refined coconut oil to avoid a slightly sweet taste the coconut oil can give. That takes away the sweetness of the coconut oil, but it’s also more processed:(.
You see my little fingerprints in the crust? Digging in, and using those fingers really is the best way to spread out the crust. Nothing like getting your hands a little dirty~and all for the sake of a pie. Yes! Updated 1/15.
Easy No Flour Pie Crust Recipe
- 1 & 1/2 cups oat flour (grind old fashioned oats in a food processor, and use certified gluten free if needed)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (if you used refined it won't taste like coconut)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine processed oats and salt.
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave (approximately 30 seconds) or other method of choice.
- Slowly add oil to the oat mixture, stirring it in well.
- Slowly add water to the oat mixture, tablespoon by tablespoon, until the oats are no longer dry. You might not need to use all the water.
- Press the mixture into the pie plate with a fork or your fingers.
- Sometimes I bake the crust at 350 degrees for 5 minutes before using it for another recipe.
Have you tried…?
Go here to view the EASY Cheesecake Recipe.