This is probably my favorite recipe to prepare for the night before church. I put all the cans out next to the slow cooker the night before, and right before church I open can after can and turn on the crock pot. It really is so easy and fast to prepare. It’s great to come home to a warm meal for lunch, with seemingly no effort!
- 1 lb. of ground beef, ground chicken, chicken, turkey, optional (I make this vegetarian when I don't have meat around or haven't thawed any)
- 1-26oz. can of spaghetti sauce, optional if you want it saucier
- 2 cans of black beans (make sure there is no gluten if you need GF)
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of red beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (doesn't have to be canned)
- 1 can of corn
- handful of spinach finely cut, optional if you want it healthier
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 T or more of chili powder to taste
- 2 T or more of garlic to taste
- 2 T oregano
- 1 t of cayenne pepper or more
- shredded cheese (omit for lactose free)
- Insert all ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Serve and top with shredded cheese.
The Verdict: This is one of the easiest crock-pot recipes ever. It is so flavorful, and when I make it people often ask for the recipe. We have also made this recipe when we have road tripped to save money and to eat more healthily. The recipe is really flexible, so you can substitute one type of beans for another.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
Go here for the complete list of recipes.
We would love to hear from you! Feel free to comment. Get free e-mail updates by subscribing here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks for visiting!!