The Mango Berry Smoothie is a refreshing healthy treat!
Jonathan was looking through a recipe book this evening trying to find just the right smoothie recipe to no avail. Since we just went shopping that day, we had stocked a lot of fresh and frozen fruits. Here is Jonathan’s concoction. Immediately he said that this is a keeper!! It was so smooth and sweet. We credit the mango for this. This was the first time we had experimented putting a tomato, and we couldn’t even taste it (which was our goal).
If you don’t have some of the ingredients mentioned, this smoothie still works great! The most important thing is to have the mixed berries, mango and water. I’ve even added a couple of handful of greens without notice.
Mango Berry Smoothie
Yield 3 -12 ounce smoothies
- 2 1/2 cups of berries (your choice of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.)
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1 peach, optional
- 1 apple, optional
- 1 pear, optional
- 1 small tomato
- 1/2 cup mango juice or frozen mango for a thicker smoothie
- 1/2 cup water if not using mango juice
- 1 T flaxseed oil, optional
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup ice
- Blend all ingredients except the bananas and ice until thoroughly blended.
- Add the bananas and ice and thoroughly blend.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size 12 ounces
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Have you tried…?
Want a code for a free shipping on a Vitamix? Go here.
GO HERE FOR THE COMPLETE LIST OF RECIPES.
This post may contain affiliate links that cost you no more money, but support our blogging efforts. Thank you!
Sharing at some of these great link parties.