The first food I ever cooked in the crock-pot was a roast about 12 years ago. I loved coming home to the aroma of a warm meal after working out of the house all day. More than that, I love the leftover meat that comes from the roast, all cooked and ready to be used in the next recipe, whatever that may be.
- pork roast
- 3 potatoes or so, peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 2 T or more of garlic powder to taste
- dash cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cover the bottom of the slow cooker with a little water.
- Insert roast into the slow cooker.
- Top roast with veggies, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours. The potatoes really need a lot of time to soften sufficiently.
- Take out the roast, and let the meat rest for 10 minutes or so.
- Slice, serve with salad, and savor.
The Verdict: All the kids loved it! They are carnivores. The meat was GREAT in stir fry a few days later, too!!
Have you tried…?
Go here for the complete list of recipes.
We would love to hear from you! Get free e-mail updates by subscribing here. Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. “Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful” (1 Corinthians 4:2 ESV). Thanks for visiting!