Crock-Pot Double Bean Burrito Recipe
My husband was having a couple of young, strapping guys over to help with a fix-the-dryer project he had going on one afternoon. JSarr said they’d be staying for dinner. I was teaching piano lessons that afternoon that would run close to dinnertime which didn’t leave me a lot of time after the lessons to get dinner on the table in a timely fashion. Enter the crock-pot. I did have 10 minutes right before my lessons to throw something together in the crock-pot, though. I looked in the fridge and saw we had tortillas, and cheese. We always keep cans of refried and black beans in the pantry area, so I literally threw this together in 10 minutes (no recipe, until now).
The Recipe: Crock-Pot Double Bean Burrito Recipe
- enough tomato sauce to cover the bottom of the crock-pot
- 2 cans of refried beans
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 package of whole wheat tortillas
- cup of spinach, finely chopped optional to healthify
- 1/2 onion, diced (I forgot to add this)
- 2 T or more of minced garlic
- dash cayenne pepper
- pepper to taste
- choice of cheese to top
- Cover the bottom of the slow cooker with pasta sauce.
- Mix all beans, spinach, onions, garlic, cayenne pepper, pepper.
- Lay down one layer of tortillas. Cut or tear the tortillas if you need (can you tell that my tortilla is torn there?).
- Add a layer of the bean mixture.
- Repeat the laying of tortillas and then the bean mixture until it’s all gone.
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 3 hours.
- Top dish with cheese, and cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve with salad, and savor.
The Verdict: The crock-pot was cleared out! If I had more time when I was preparing this, I would have made a second dish to bake. That was my only regret besides forgetting the onions. All my kids wanted more, too!! Loved it!!
We would love to hear from you! Feel free to comment. Get free e-mail updates by subscribing here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. “Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful” (1 Corinthians 4:2 ESV). Thank for visiting!!
Have you tried…?
- Crock-Pot Lasagna
- “Baked” Potatoes in the Crock-Pot
- Pumpkin Bread Recipe in the Crock-Pot or Not
- Crock-Pot Potato Soup Recipe
- Homemade Crock-Pot Yogurt Recipe
- Crock-Pot Chili Recipe
- Crock-Pot Ham Soup Recipe
- Easy Crock-Pot Ham