Roasted Broccoli Trio Parmesan Recipe
I hate it when I have good veggies that have been ignored and they start to go bad. It feels so wasteful and isn’t good stewardly living. We had some broccoli and red cabbage to use quickly. Roasting is our new thing, and I have never thought about roasting broccoli, or cabbage for that matter, but I got the idea from a few different places this week. Divine. God was telling me it was time to try to roast broccoli.
My friend suggested roasting hotter and for a shorter amount of time. I am always up for being more efficient with my time. It worked here.
Do you ever use the stems of the broccoli? I have never done it until tonight. My dad was appalled a few months ago when we saw me throwing away the stems. I decided to use them here, and they tasted great.
- 1 bunch of broccoli, chopped
- 5 or so cabbage leaves, diced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced (I didn’t use any here, but it would be a nice addition)
- 5 garlic cloves (the cloves are so much better!) or garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- a drizzle of olive oil
- a drizzle of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the vegetables and garlic cloves on a lipped baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables.
- Give a couple of shakes of pepper (and garlic powder) over the vegetables and stir.
- Drizzle Parmesan cheese over the mix.
- Bake for 18-24 minutes, stirring every 6 minutes or until you achieve the desired golden color.
The Verdict: We’ll do this again. That says enough! We love baking a double batch and using the leftovers to make a quick pizza the next day.
Go here for the complete list of recipes.
We would love to hear from you! Feel free to comment. Get free e-mail updates by subscribing here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. “Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful” (1 Corinthians 4:2 ESV). Thanks for visiting!
Have you tried…?
Shared @ Crumbs and Chaos, It’s a Keeper, Pennywise Platters Thursday, Jennifer Cooks, 6 Sisters Stuff, This Chick Cooks, Seasonal Recipe Round-Up.