Happy Easter!! Have you thought ahead to what you will be doing this Resurrection Day to celebrate? Are you having people over? Perhaps you are going somewhere and need to bring something. Or may be you are having a quiet evening. Whatever the case may be, have you considered using the slow cooker to help? Last Thanksgiving we had the most stress-free meal ever!! We had family over, and much prep was done the day before, so Thanksgiving seemed so easy!! My secret: the crock-pot of course! It was a HUGE help to a smooth feast. This Easter, I thought I would use the assistance of at least two of my crock-pots.
Do you have certain Resurrection Day traditions? I wouldn’t say we have many traditions except to dye eggs and attend our worship service, but I wouldn’t mind a few more. Any ideas?
I thought I would do something a little different this Saturday. Instead of featuring one recipe, I will share my meal plan for the celebration. I am still debating about dessert. I might do something I’ve done before, or I might try something completely new. I am kind of leaning to make a new raw crust, pie, but I am not sure about what to put in the middle. Any ideas? We’ll see though. I might just go with our new favorite brownie recipe and/or cheesecake recipe. So for the meal plan…
My meal plan:
- Crock-pot Mashed Potatoes served with cheddar cheese
- EASY Cheesecake Recipe
- New dessert??
The day before Easter I will:
- pull my sourdough starter out (I will definitely be blogging more about sourdough in the days to come), and let it sit.
- scrub my potatoes and leave them on the counter to dry.
- prepare my salad, cutting veggies, and placing them in the bowl in which they it will be served.
- bake the dessert
- pull out my nice dishes and silverware, basically setting the buffet up.
Easter Morning I will:
- dice the potatoes with skins on and warm them in the slow cooker.
- put the ham in the crock-pot.
Easter Afternoon I will:
- bake the sourdough rolls.
- mash the potatoes, and finish their prep.
- slice the ham.
- pull out the salad.
- celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus, the Core of our lives with a feast of blessings!
Here are a few other options I thought about making, but decided against:
- Crock-Pot Pork Roast Recipe
- Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- No Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Bite Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Delights
Go here for the complete list of recipes.
Have you tried…?