Jonathan came home for lunch one day and came up with this apple ginger smoothie combination. I didn’t initially think all of the different flavors sounded particularly appealing. But, surprise, surprise, I was WRONG; this was a GREAT combination.
Ginger is the kicker. Ginger brings the smoothie together. Ginger is such a fresh flavor. If you have never had fresh ginger before, a little ginger goes a long way! Plus, ginger is so healthy for you since it is a cancer fighter, helps pain, kills microbes and more. You can learn more about the benefits of ginger at Livestrong.
We have been learning so much about food and are continually adding different flavors to our palate. It is so fun to mix different flavors. All of our kids totally loved it, too!!
What smoothie combinations do you enjoy the best? Check out other smoothie recipes here.
Apple Ginger Smoothie
Yield 2 -20 ounce smoothies
- 1 cup water
- 2 oranges
- 1 apple
- generous handful of spinach
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- optional, 8 frozen strawberries
- 1 T of fresh ginger (or 1/8 tsp. of ground ginger powder)
- optional, 1 T flaxseed oil
- 1 cup ice
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Want a code for a free shipping on a Vitamix? Go here. Contains an affiliate link that supports our blog and costs you no more.
Other recipes you may like:
- Pineapple Blueberry Smoothie
- Abbie’s Kickin’ Sorbet
- Ellie’s Lemon Lime Smoothie Recipe
- Mango Berry Smoothie
- The All-In Fruit Smoothie
- Fresh Kiwi Banana Smoothie Recipe
- Super Green Smoothie Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberry Blueberry Fruit Smoothie Recipe
Sharing @ Welcome Home Wednesday, WFMW, Real Food Wednesday, Fat Tuesday, Talent Show Tuesday, One Project at a Time, Homestead Barn Hop, Sew Darn Crafty, Weekend Potluck, The Party Bunch, Fight Back Friday, Wellness Weekend, Raw Foods Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursday, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways, Simple Lives Thursday. Whole Foods Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesdays.
Featured at Wellness Weekend!