Easy Stir Fry Recipe
Stir fry is such an easy dish to put together for a fast meal when you don’t have a lot of time. If you want the rice, it does take a little more planning, but not much.
We had a leftover pork roast from the crock-pot, and I was trying to decide what to do with it. I thought we hadn’t had a stir fry in a while, and I was in the mood for something different than our norm. I have also made this with chicken as pictured. Shrimp also works fabulously in stir fry and is my favorite! It just costs more money, though:(.
When I know I am going to make a dish like this, I throw rice in the crock-pot about 2 1/2, 3 hours before (which takes less than 5 minutes). And voila! When I need the rice, it’s all ready, and I have a complete meal that is ready in less than twenty minutes.
The Verdict: We loved the kick the hot red pepper flakes added to the dish. You can omit if you don’t like your food spicy. Garnish with green onion for fun and a little more bite. We’ll have to do this again sooner than later. Love it! **Updated 8/14.
Easy Stir Fry Recipe
- 2 cups of thinly sliced pork roast or your desired meat: chicken, turkey, shrimp, beef or go vegetarian with no meat
- 1/2 bunch of broccoli, chopped
- 4 leaves or so of cabbage, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves or garlic powder
- 2 T grape seed or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (make sure it's gluten free if needed)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 T sesame seed oil
- 2 T honey
- 1 t hot red pepper flakes
- 1 t ginger, grated
- Put 2 T oil (we use grape seed or avocado oil) in your iron skillet. Heat skillet to medium heat (you could also use a wok: heat as instructed).
- If meat is raw, cook in oil until cook through.
- Make sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and whisking (you can add 1-2 T cornstarch to 1 cup of cold water and stir, then add this cornstarch mixture to the sauce to thicken if desired).
- Add vegetables, and garlic cloves in the skillet with the sauce.
- Stir occasionally until the veggies reach your desired texture.
- Add more water if needed.
- Enjoy with your favorite rice or noodles!
Have you tried…?