Banana Yogurt Bread~a great moist and tasty breakfast, snack, or dessert.
One of our family favorite snacks is banana bread.
Whenever we end up buying more bananas than we can consume in a timely manner, banana yogurt bread moves up to the top of the to-do list. I healthified and adapted it from Cooking Light to make two 9×5 loaves.
The Verdict: We love having banana yogurt bread around. I try to make it about once a month. The addition of yogurt adds moisture, vitamin D, calcium and more. Got to love it!
Pictures updated 9/14.
Yogurt Banana Bread
Yield 2 -loaves
- 3 cups mashed ripe banana
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt (can use non-dairy yogurt)
- scant 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (or less, I use 1 1/2 cups sometimes) organic sugar (I used evaporated cane juice)
- 2 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t sea salt
- 1/4 cup (or more) walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine wet ingredients until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture.
- Pour batter into two greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes-1 hour until golden brown and until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!
Want more snack ideas?
- Madeover & Healthified Zucchini Bread
- Easy 4 Ingredient Pizza
- Abbie’s Kickin’ Sorbet
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- No Flour (Black Bean) Brownies
- No Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Delights
- Pumpkin Bread Recipe in the Crock-Pot or Not