Did you know that you can make tortellini in the crock-pot? Well, it’s true!
This recipe is for my kids when it’s after lunchtime, and I haven’t thought ahead to dinner with enough time to thaw or make anything else. This is SUCH an easy recipe, especially if you keep a few of the Trader Joe’s Tortellini packages in your pantry. The only thing I don’t like about their tortellini is that they use enriched flour, but still it’s way better to eat this than eating out! Saves money and you are eating healthier.
Plus, if you are ever road tripping and have access to a hotel or outlet, this is a recipe you can try so you can avoid eating out. If you want other road tripping with the crock-pot recipes, go HERE.
The Verdict: The kids love this recipe! If the tortellini gets dry, there’s an easy fix! Just add more sauce. This one’s for the kids! **Updated 6/15.
- 10-16 ounce package of Trader Joe's Tortellini
- 24-26 ounce of your favorite all natural pasta sauce
- your favorite cheese to top
- 1 lb. chicken/beef optional
- Place all of your ingredients in the crock-pot except the cheese.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, checking after 1.5 hours. I am only guessing you could cook this for about 3-4 hours on low, but check it after 2.5 hours. Sometimes it cooks fast.
- Cook until the tortellini is soft and thoroughly heated.
- Top with cheese and enjoy!