This recipe is for my kids when it’s after lunchtime, and I haven’t thought ahead to dinner with enough time to thaw or make anything else. This is SUCH an easy recipe, especially if you keep a few of the Trader Joe’s Tortellini packages in your pantry. The only thing I don’t like about their tortellini is that they use enriched flour.
- 10-16 ounce package of Trader Joe's Tortellini
- 24-26 ounce of your favorite all natural pasta sauce
- your favorite cheese to top
- 1 lb. chicken/beef optional
- Place all of your ingredients in the crock-pot except the cheese.
- Cook on high for 2 hours, checking after 1.5 hours. I am only guessing you could cook this for about 3-4 hours on low, but check it after 2.5 hours. Sometimes it cooks fast.
- Cook until the tortellini is soft and thoroughly heated.
- Top with cheese and enjoy!
The Verdict: The kids love this recipe. This used to be one of my favorite recipes, but now that my pallet has been stretched, I like more variety. If the tortellini gets dry, add more sauce. This one’s for the kids!
Go here for the complete list of recipes.
We would love to hear from you! Feel free to comment. Get free e-mail updates by subscribing here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks for visiting!! 1 Corinthians 4:2 “…it is required of stewards that they be found faithful.”