Looking for a refreshing beverage alternative that is distinctively summery? Maybe it’s time to rediscover that old standby, sun tea! Here’s how JSarr fixes this simple family favorite.
- 6 tea bags of your choice
- optional 1/3 cup of honey
- Tie all six of the tea bags together (this way you can fish them out more easily).
- Place tea bags in a 1 gallon container.
- Fill a container with water.
- Let the tea steep in the direct sun for 4-8 hours.
- When it is still warm, you can dissolve 1/3 cup of honey, to lightly sweeten the tea.
- Store unused portion in the refrigerator.
The Verdict: JSarr has been making this for years and enjoys it much during the summer. His favorite flavor combinations are lemon zinger and green tea, or any tea with a berry flavor. He tends to save the really expensive teas for hot tea.
For an added kick you can drop lemon slices right into the pitcher or serve them when you pour a tall glass of sun tea.