Here is the latest in my Pie-Inspired Smoothie Recipes. Have you ever had a Key Lime Pie? If I have, it have been a few decades, and my memory is really fuzzy. I thought the flavors of the key limes would make a great smoothie since they seems so crisp and fresh.
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I like almond or coconut milk, but dairy milk would work, too)
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp key lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 t key lime zest (about 2 limes)
- 1 T honey to sweeten, or 1 pitted date for vegan
- 3/4 cup ice if needed to chill
- 1 real whipped cream (optional)
- graham cracker pieces to garnish (gluten-free, optional)
- Blend and serve immediately!
- You can garnish with granola or crushed graham crackers (make gluten free if needed) and real whipped cream.
The Verdict: I was wowed and shocked about how much I enjoyed this recipe!! I also made it once with lemon juice instead of the key limes since I didn’t have fresh key limes on hand. I love how the base of the recipe is spinach, and you can’t even tell!
Have you tried…?