For my latest installment of pie-inspired smoothies I knew I had to do something with chocolate, so here is a Chocolate Cream Pie Smoothie. I figured we only had one other chocolate smoothie (it has peanut butter in it), and it was time for another. I thought I should start adding vegetables to some of these pie-inspired smoothies to maximize their health benefits. I figured you can add almost any vegetable, like spinach and carrots, to chocolate since chocolate is brown and you cannot tell that those vegetables are in there. That’s exactly what I did!
- 2 bananas
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk (any other milk would work, too)
- 1 cup ice
- handful spinach
- 1 carrot
- 1/3 cup cashew, raw (soaked for at least 1/2 hour is best)
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 T honey or maple syrup, to taste
- Blend and serve immediately!
- You can garnish with cashews, granola or crushed graham crackers (make gluten free if needed) and real or vegan whipped cream.
The Verdict: Yum! “It tastes sooo good,” my Abbie girl said and asked for seconds along with her brother. I especially loved the cashew garnish!
If it’s not sweet enough for you, just add more honey or maple syrup.
Have you tried?