It’s DIY Time, where I post something you can do yourself rather than buy, which is a money saver, and can be VERY REWARDING. Some of these posts are crafts, sewing projects, homemade cleaners, homemade health aids, tutorials, and the like.
Making easy Hanging Ornament Clusters, Ball Drops, or whatever you want to call them might be my favorite Christmas projects of the season, especially because it’s so fast. It is so, so easy to do, my 3 1/2 year old son wanted to join in on the fun and did well stringing the ornaments. The hanging ornaments come together very quickly, and I think, look very elegant.
What You Will Need:
- 15 large ornaments (or your chosen amount, as long as it looks good tied together)
- thick ribbon
- Cut a long piece of string (I started with about 5 feet of string just because I didn’t know I was going to hang the ornament clusters with a thick ribbon, but 2 or 3 feet might do).
- Thread the ornaments on the string.
- Tie the ends of the string together carefully, arranging the ornaments, if needed, to sit nicely.
- Tie a thick ribbon to the string, and cut off the ends of the string.
- Hang, and enjoy!
1/8/13 update** Here is a cluster I made for $1 since the Christmas Light-Shaped Ornaments were on a 75%-after Christmas clearance!
You can easily put your own fresh wreath together!
We would love to hear from you! Get free e-mail updates by subscribing here. Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. “Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful” (1 Corinthians 4:2 ESV). Thanks for visiting!