Dairy-Free Crock-pot Stuffing or Dressing
- 12 cups bread, cubed (use gluten-free bread if needed)
- 2 cups homemade chicken broth, or broth of choice (have additional around, if you would like to make it more moist)
- optional, 2 T grape seed or olive oil
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 apple, diced with skins
- 2 tablespoons sage
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Optional, lightly toast cubed bread, on a baking sheet for 5-10 minutes at 200 degrees in the oven.
- Optional, sauté celery, carrots, and onion in 2 T of olive oil until onions are translucent for more flavor.
- Mix all ingredients in a big mixing bowl.
- Place in greased slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, and then stir. Add additional broth by the 1/2 cup if you would like more moist. Remember the crock-pot keeps food moist with the lid on, so don't overdo it.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook for an additional 2 hours, stirring every hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Practical Stewardship at https://practical-stewardship.com/2012/11/17/crock-pot-stuffing-or-dressing/