Easy Crock-pot Rice
- 3 1/4 cups of water (for more flavor, you can sub part or all of the water with broth depending on what you are serving the rice with)
- 1 1/2 cups organic brown rice, I use Basmati (basically it's a generous 2 parts water to 1 part rice). The amount of cooked rice yielded depends on the type of rice you use.
- Generously grease the slow cooker with coconut or olive oil.
- Place the rice in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Slowly pour in the water.
- Cover and cook on high for about 2 1/2 hours or on low for about 5 hours or until the rice is soft and the water is absorbed. Every crock-pot cooks differently, so WITHOUT lifting the lid, check the crock-pot every hour the first time you make this.
- Stir when completely cooked and top with your meats and sauces like Thai Cashew Shrimp.
Recipe by Practical Stewardship at https://practical-stewardship.com/2013/02/09/easy-crock-pot-rice/