Gingerbread Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup coconut, almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 cup ice
- 2 bananas
- handful of fresh spinach
- 1 carrot
- 1/3 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 30 minutes is best, as they become smooth easier)
- 1 T flax seed
- 1 T molasses
- 1 t fresh, grated ginger (can use powder)
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Blend and serve immediately!
- You can garnish with nuts, granola or crushed graham crackers (make gluten free if needed) and real or vegan whipped cream.
The Verdict: This is a nice thick smoothie that isn’t overly sweet. If you want more sweetness you could add some maple syrup (vegan option) or honey to taste. Add more milk or water to thin if desired.