Sun Tea is in order now that we have received some hot weather in the Pacific Northwest. While the rest of the United States has withstood record breaking heat, we have had a relatively mild summer with only a few hot sun breaks.
Sun Tea Recipe
- 6 tea bags of your choice
- optional 1/3 cup of honey or agave for vegan
- Tie all six of the tea bags together (this way you can fish them out more easily).
- Place tea bags in a 1 gallon container.
- Fill a container with water.
- Let the tea steep in the direct sun for 4-8 hours.
- When it is still warm, you can dissolve 1/3 cup of honey, to lightly sweeten the tea.
- Store unused portion in the refrigerator.
The Verdict: JSarr has been making this for years and enjoys it much during the summer. His favorite flavor combinations are lemon zinger and green tea, or any tea with a berry flavor. He tends to save the really expensive teas for hot tea.
Have you made your own Lemon & Limeade before?