Crock-pot or Not Low Carb Parmesan Zucchini Turkey Meatballs is one of the most tasty ways to eat meatballs. And Zucchini!
Do you have a bountiful harvest of zucchini? Are you looking for new and different ways to prepare it, like I have? I had been thinking for a long time about making turkey meatballs since I had never had them before. And since we have been blessed with an abundance of zucchini, I thought I would pair it with the ground turkey and add some cheese. What a combination!! I am guessing that you could substitute spinach for the zucchini, too. When this was cooking, we all thought the house smelled so good. And the smell equaled the taste. I served them at a potluck, and they were snapped up quickly. I went back for seconds, and they were, sadly, all gone.Since I initially made them, they have become a family favorite over the years. And since I only make them during zucchini season, they are a seasonal special treat. We love the combination of flavors!! And as an aside, these are way less greasy than beef meatballs. Updated 9/15.
Crock-pot or Not Parmesan Zucchini Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 2.5 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 T minced garlic
- 1 T Italian Seasoning
- 2 t sea salt
- 1 t pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a big bowl, mixing well.
- Shape mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs in a greased crock-pot, no water added. Arrange meatballs on top of each other if needed.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low, or until done.
- If baking, bake at 400° on a lipped, greased pan for 15-22 minutes or until done.