Probably my favorite non-chocolate dessert is strawberry shortcake. I thought a strawberry shortcake would be a great dessert to transform into a smoothie.
Any kind of bread, biscuits, shortcake or graham crackers would work as a nice garnish. I have even used crumbled sourdough bread: as I enjoyed the smoothie, I kept throwing more bread in and eating the smoothie with a spoon.
Pictured below is a strawberry shortcake smoothie I threw a tiny bit of spinach in. It darkens the smoothie as you can see.
The Verdict: My Abbie girl said, “this is the best smoothie I’ve ever eaten!” I personally love the soaked bread crumbs with the real whipping cream. So yum!! This is just like a strawberry shortcake. But you’ve gotta have whipped cream!
Strawberry Shortcake Smoothie Recipe
Yield 2 smoothies
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup almond milk (or the milk of your choice)
- 1/2-1 cup ice (if your strawberries aren't frozen)
- bread, biscuits, shortcake or graham crackers to garnish (use g-f if needed)
- whipping cream (whipped coconut cream for dairy-free/v)
- Blend the first three ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Garnish with bread and whipping cream.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!!
Serving Size 12 ounce
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Have you made 3 Ingredient Blender Jam?
Have you tried…
Want a code for a free shipping on a Vitamix? Go here. Contains an affiliate link and cost you no more money, but helps support our site.