This recipe I recently received from a special former choir student I had when I taught high school choir 12 years ago! I like to call her “Fancy Nancy”. It’s been so good to catch up with her! Thanks, Fancy Nancy for the recipe!!
I have a hard time with milk products except for ice cream and cheese:). I never consume straight milk unless it’s in cereal or a recipe. I have had to acquire a taste for yogurt in my adult years. Cottage cheese is hard for me, and I’ll eat it in lasagne, but I prefer ricotta cheese. I thought I would give this a shot, especially for my protein-yearning husband. This pancake packs a series protein punch!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oatmeal (certified gluten free if needed)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- optional, 1 tsp flaxseed
- optional, 3 T TriMix (1 T Wheat Germ, 1 T Wheat Bran, 1 T Oat Bran)
- Blend all ingredients (in blender) until the batter is smooth.
- Grease griddle.
- Warm griddle to medium heat.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the batter for each pancake.
- Flip pancakes when they bubble.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. We love butter, real maple syrup and jam.
The blended batter was so smooth. I was really impressed! I couldn’t even tell there was cottage cheese in it because it was blended. I would double the batch next time, especially since a 16 oz. container of cottage cheese is two cups. I will definitely make this again! JSarr agreed that we can make this our go-to recipe for pancakes now.
Other recipes you may enjoy:
We would love to hear from you! Get free e-mail updates by subscribing here. Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. “Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful” (1 Corinthians 4:2 ESV). Thanks for visiting!