Do you feel like you have zucchini coming out of your ears? Well then; it’s time to start making zucchini bread!
My dear friend Jolie makes an amazing zucchini bread! On our food journey to better nutrition, I asked her if we could try to healthify it. It is sooo fun to try to make things healthier without compromising the integrity of the taste.
The original zucchini bread recipe uses all-purpose flour, vegetable oil, and lots of sugar.
We changed the zucchini bread recipe to use whole wheat flour, oatmeal, coconut oil, and honey.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup oats
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil, slightly melted
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini (optional substitute PART of the zucchini for spinach-they are both green, right?)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- optional, 3 T TriMix (1 T wheat germ, 1 T wheat bran, 1 T oat bran)
- optional, 1 T ground flax seed
- Combine all ingredients.
- Pour into two loaf pans.
- Bake both pans at 350 degrees for 50 minutes-1 hour, or until the loaves are golden brown and a toothpick comes out of the middle of each loaf cleanly.
- Cool, slice, and enjoy!
This is how we make zucchini bread now. I loved it, my kids loved it, and so did Jolie and her kids. I didn’t think it compromised taste or flavor at all.
Have you tried Double Chocolate Yogurt Zucchini Bread?
Go here for the complete list of recipes.
Do you need other healthier snack ideas?
- Raw Vegan 3 Ingredient Lara Bar Ball Recipe
- My Favorite Way to Eat A Banana
- Easy Trail Mix Recipe
- Easy Granola Recipe
- Homemade Fruit Leather in the Oven