4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola Bars
Many people are hard to buy gifts for and most don’t need more clutter. Many years ago, I figured everyone needs to eat and just started giving people food for gifts. In fact, a specific food: the granola bar. I used to only make one recipe from All Recipes.com. Then after several years I decided to come up with some different combinations. I wanted a healthier version. I also wanted a recipe with as few ingredients as possible. I tweaked and tweaked, seeing that I could get rid of the brown sugar, and then baking soda, and butter to come up with this recipe: the 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola Bars Recipe. This is my second favorite granola bar recipe, and when I make g ranola bars, I ALWAYS make this recipe, and another recipe I’ll share at a later time.
- -4 cups old fashioned oats (Gluten-Free if needed)
- -1 cup honey (use agave for vegan)
- -3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- -1/2 cup peanuts
- -optional, 3 T TriMix (1 T Wheat Germ, 1 T Wheat Bran, 1 T Oat Bran) omit for G-F
- -optional, 1 T ground flax seed
- -optional, 1/4 cup peanut butter or chocolate chips
- Grease the bottom and sides 9x13 pan well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients VERY well in a bowl. Use an electric mixer if possible like a Kitchen Aid Mixer.
- Mash the granola bars into the pan well. This is the most important step!! If you don't mash it, they won't hold together well. We use a potato masher to solidify this peanut butter goodness.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the edges barely start browning.
- Cool for 10 minutes, and cut into bars.
- Store in a cool dry place for up to a month.
Do you need other healthier snack ideas?
- Raw Vegan 3 Ingredient Lara Bar Ball Recipe
- My Favorite Way to Eat A Banana
- Easy Trail Mix Recipe
- Easy Granola Recipe
- Homemade Fruit Leather in the Oven
We would love to hear from you! Get free e-mail updates by subscribing here. Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. “Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful” (1 Corinthians 4:2 ESV). Thanks for visiting!