Granola bars are my favorite snacks, hands down. I think it’s the carbs. I think it’s the chewy combined with the crunchy nuts. I think it’s the salty mixed with the honey sweetness. Oh, it’s all of that.
Granola bars are so great, that I think they make great gifts, too. Many people are hard to buy gifts for and most don’t need more clutter. Many years ago, I figured everyone needs to eat and just started giving people food for gifts. In fact, a specific food: the granola bar.
I used to only make one recipe from All Recipes.com. Then after several years I decided to come up with some different combinations. I wanted a healthier version. I also wanted a recipe with as few ingredients as possible. I tweaked and tweaked, seeing that I could get rid of the brown sugar, and then baking soda, and butter to come up with this recipe: the 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola Bars Recipe.
I think in the last 2 to 3 years we’ve only ran out of our peanut butter granola bars once. I keep these stocked all of the time. And I usually make them in tandem with my 4 ingredient almond butter granola bars.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats (Gluten-Free if needed)
- 1 cup honey (use agave for vegan)
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- optional, 3 T TriMix (1 T Wheat Germ, 1 T Wheat Bran, 1 T Oat Bran) omit for G-F
- optional, 1 T ground flax seed
- optional, 1/4 cup peanut butter or chocolate chips
- Grease the bottom and sides 9x13 pan well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients VERY well in a bowl. Use an electric mixer if possible like a Kitchen Aid Mixer.
- Mash the granola bars into the pan well. This is the most important step!! If you don't mash it, they won't hold together well. We use a potato masher to solidify this peanut butter goodness.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until the edges barely start browning.
- Cool for 10 minutes, and cut into bars.
- Store in a cool dry place for up to a month.
Do you need other healthier snack ideas?
- Raw Vegan 3 Ingredient Lara Bar Ball Recipe
- My Favorite Way to Eat A Banana
- Easy Trail Mix Recipe
- Easy Granola Recipe
- Homemade Fruit Leather in the Oven
Shared @ Pennywise Plater, Transformation Thursday, Thriving on Thursday, URS, Full Plate Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Friday Free-for-All, Friday Food Fight, Foodie Friday, Fight Back Friday, Fantabulous Friday. Fit & Fabulous Friday, Scrumptious Sunday, Sundae Scoop, Sew Darn Crafty, Weekend Wrap Up, SNS, Creativity Link Party, Wellness Weekend, Weekend Potluck, Link & Greet Saturday, Say G’Day Saturday, One Creative Weekend, Home Link Up, Made By You Monday, Homestead Blog Hop, Clever Chicks, Monday Funday, The Better Mom Mondays, Metamorphosis Monday, Homesteader Blog Carnival, Inspiration Monday, Welcome Home Link Up, Iron Chef Mom: PB, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays,Domestically Divine Tuesday, Talent Show Tuesday, Super Saturday Link Party, Sweet Saturdays, Saturday Show & Tell, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Crafty Sasse Wednesday, Works for Me Wednesday, Healthy 2day Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Real Food Wednesday, Wow Us Wednesday, 36th Ave., Frugally Sustainable, Simply Sensational Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Jennifer Cooks, Seven Alive, Simply Sugar & Gluten Free, One Project @ a Time, Fat Tuesday, Tip Junkie,The Nourishing Gourmet, 6 Sisters Stuff, Crumb and Chaos, Beyond the Peel, Whole Foods Wednesday, It’s A Keeper.