It’s DIY FRI. again, where every week I try to post something you can do yourself rather than buy, which is a money saver, and can be VERY REWARDING. Some of these posts are crafts, sewing projects, homemade cleaners, homemade health aids, tutorials, and the like.
May be scrunchies are out of fashion: I don’t know, but I use them all of the time. I love to have my hair up when I exercise and almost all of the time, really.
What I love about sewing scrunchies is that they are so small, they virtually require no time at all. They are a perfect item to make out of scraps or old clothes, especially out of little girls’ clothes that may have a stain and the print design is so cute I hate to throw away. In fact the blue flower scrunchie shown in the feature picture above came from fabric that was on a broken baby mobile. I have used old baby crib sheets and stained dresses, too. It’s so fun to re-purpose!!
Re-purposed Clothes to Scrunchies Tutorial
What You Will Need:
- a rectangle of re-purposed fabric or scraps
- matching thread
- sewing machine
- elastic 5”-6” long (width of elastic is up to you: I’ve used skinny elastic and elastic that is 3/4” wide)
- two big safety pins
We would love to hear from you! Feel free to comment. Get free e-mail updates by subscribing here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks for visiting!
Have you made your own…?
- Repurposed Paper Pinwheel Tutorial
- Re-purposing Men’s Ties to Boys’ Ties: 3 Picture Tutorials
- 4 Super Quick DIY Re-purposed Garden Ideas, Green Onions, & Garden Update
- Repurposed Tin Can to Flower Pot, Vase, & Musical Instrument
- DIY Repurposing Old Clothing to New Clothing
- DIY Cloth Baby Wipes or Washcloths