It’s DIY Time again, where I post something you can do yourself rather than buy, which is a money saver, and can be just plain fun! Some of these posts are crafts, sewing projects, re-purposed ideas, homemade cleaners, homemade health aids, tutorials, and the like.
Here is a super fast no-sew tutorial that you could put together in under five minutes, the tea cup pin cushion tutorial. This would be a great project even for a preschooler to make, since it would make a lovely gift with little effort.
What You Will Need:
- tea cup or mug
- square scrap of fabric (can use re-purposed old clothes), approximately 7”x7”-depends on size of cup
- fabric scissors
- rubber band or hairband
- batting or re-purpose other material for stuffing
- Place batting or stuffing on the back side of the fabric (or the wrong side of the fabric), and gather the fabric together.
- Secure the rubber band around the base of the fabric.
- Cut excess bulk fabric off if desired, and place batting-stuffed fabric in the tea cup.
- Enjoy, use it, or gift it away!
The Verdict: This is an amazingly fast tutorial comes alive rapidly. The tea cup pin cushion would make a great Mother’s Day or Teacher Appreciation Day gift.
Have you tried making a mason jar pin cushion?
Shared @ Saturday Showcase, Talent Show Tuesday, OPAAT, Made By You Monday, Better Mom Monday, Welcome Home, Making the World Cuter Monday, Homestead Barn Hop, Metamorphosis Monday, Monday Funday, Sew Darn Crafty, Sundae Scoop, SNS, Super Saturday, Weekend Wrap-Up Party, Link Party Palooza, Kelly’s Korner, The Party Bunch, Free-for-All Friday,Your Green Resource, Simple Lives Thursday, All Things Thursday, Welcome Home, Whole Food Wednesday, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways, Wow Us Wednesday, Works for Me Wednesday, Healthy 2day Wednesday.