Do you remember that No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie recipe from your childhood? I remember making them with my mom in elementary school. Well, this is a similar recipe, but it’s made without dairy, without refined sugar, and has the addition of nuts to make it a little hardier.
No Bake Cookie Bars, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
Yield 24 bars
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey (maple syrup for vegan)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 2 cups (organic) dry oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup chopped pecans, or nut of choice
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- Grease a 9x13 pan with coconut oil.
- Place the oats, coconut, pecans, and chocolate chips in a large bowl, and stir to combine.
- Heat the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil together until the coconut oil is mostly melted. Don't let the honey boil or the bars will be dry.
- Pour the heated peanut butter mixture onto the oat mixture, and stir until the chocolate chips are melted.
- Evenly spread the mixture in a greased 9x13 pan.
- Cover, and refrigerate until hardened.
- Cut into bars, enjoy, and refrigerate the leftovers for up to one week.