Healthified 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup

Over the years Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups were my absolute favorite candy.  I don’t know if it was the combo of chocolate and peanut butter together or the slight crunch of the hardened chocolate.  When I made them homemade before they were heavy laden with powdered sugar and more powdered sugar.  They were tasty, but really sweet.  Sugary sweet.  Too sweet.  Because my taste buds have changed I like to reduce the amount of sugar in our food.

3 Ingredient PB Cups

I was making these chocolate peanut butter cups when we had friends over for the Super Bowl.  When I had extra peanut butter mixture, I thought I would just pour the mixture over the chocolate chips to save a few extra steps.  This process eliminated some messy steps, which I really appreciated, making it quick and cleaner.  Now it’s the way I make them!

3 Ing Peanut Butter Cups

I like to keep them stocked in the freezer for that chocolate craving.

3 Ing Peanut Butter Cups

I have made these peanut butter cups without the liners, and I have had a hard time “popping” the candies out at the end, so I HIGHLY recommend using them.  Also, using natural peanut butter and coconut oil makes the candies melt faster when at room temperature, so the cupcake liners makes everything much cleaner and tidier.

Healthified 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup

Healthified 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup

Ingredients

• 12 ounces of organic dark chocolate chocolate chips (a standard bag-dairy-free if needed)
  • 1 cup of natural peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup of coconut oil (can use butter, but the PB cups may be lumpy, but tasty)

Instructions

1. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. You can either a mini muffin pan or a standard muffin pan.
  2. Place a layer of the chocolate chips on the bottom of each cupcake liner.
  3. Heat the peanut butter and coconut oil until the coconut oil is melted.
  4. Stir the peanut butter mixture until it is nice and smooth.
  5. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the chocolate chips.
  6. Freeze for 30 minutes or until hardened.
  7. Server directly out of the freezer, and enjoy!
  8. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or in the freezer for 2 months (if they will last that long).

Homemade Peanut Butter Cup Comparisons

Picture Courtesy of Jolie Hall

The Verdict: This is the quickest way that I have been able to get the chocolate and peanut butter combination together in a cup form.  I make this recipe often now.  This is one of my very favorite recipes ever!!!

Go here for the complete list of recipes.

Do you want another 2-3 Ingredient Candy Recipe?

3 Ingredient Chocolate Nut Clusters Collage

Have you tried some other chocolate peanut butter desserts like…?

Shared @ WFMWReal Food WednesdayCast Party Wednesday, Adorned from Above Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesday, Show & Share Wednesday, Wow ME Wednesday, Whole Foods WednesdayHealthy 2day Wednesday, Whole Food Wednesday, Frugal Days, Sustainable WaysTiny Tips Tuesday,  Slightly Indulgent TuesdayFat TuesdayTalent Show TuesdayOne Project at a TimeTutorials & Tips TuesdayTip Me Tuesday, Take It On Tuesday, Simply Sensational Tuesday, Tutorials & Tips Link Party, Iron Chef Mom, PB, Making the World Cuter, Monday Mania, Homestead Barn Hop, Making Monday Marvelous, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Makin’ You Crave Monday, Welcome Home Link Up Monday, Metamorphosis Monday, Sew Darn Crafty, Sunday Show-Off, Think Pink Sunday, Heavenly Treats SundayScrumptious Sunday, Sundae Scoop, Church Supper, Spotlight Saturday, Saturday Show & Tell, Saturday Night Special, Weekend Wrap Up Party, Weekend Whatever, Weekend Potluck, Homemaking Link Up Party Friday, Inspiration Friday, I’m Lovin’ It, Foodie Friday, I’m Lovin’ It, Fit & Fabulous Friday, Fight Back Friday, The Party BunchSmall Footprints Friday, Foodie Friday, Wellness Weekend, Chic & Crafty, Thrifty Thursday 101 Simple Lives Thursday Pennywise Platter Thursday, It’s a Keeper ThursdayFull Plate Thursday, Rural Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Hookin’ Up with HOH Thurs., Transformation Thursday, 36th Avenue Sticker & Party Time Thurs., Somewhat Simple Blog Link Party Thurs.

Featured @ Simple Lives Thursday,

Comments

1. says

You can’t make those easier to make! Now I’ll be standing in my kitchen at 10pm melting chocolate and stuffing my face!

Love the addition of coconut oil, we always have a jar…

• says

Thanks for visiting, Courtney. They really are so easy to make! I just stumbled upon making them this way out of ease of using my extra PB mixture!

2. says

I cannot wait to try these pb cups!!! My kids are going to love them, too….so delicious! Thank you for bringing them to Fit and Fabulous Fridays! They were a big hit! :)

3. says

I love three ingredients! Definitely making these. I always had the miniature Reece’s in my freezer. I had to stop that one. Sad. :) Now I won’t have too. Thanks.

4. says

oh my word. these look so good! i never make PB desserts cause my husband doesn’t like them, but he just left for the weekend….i think i’ll be making them today!! thanks for the healthy version of a yummy treat :-) amber

5. says

This is awesome!!! I am going to make this for my family! They will be so excited! Thank you for sharing with us at Healthy 2Day Wednesdays. Come back soon to see if you were one of our top 3 featured posts of the week. :)

6. says

Oh my goodness, I love you right now! I’ve been meaning to make peanut butter cups for the longest time and just keep putting it off… but not anymore! These look way too easy NOT to make, and with just 3 ingredients and barely any cooking time, these are so being made this weekend. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe and linking up at Tiny Tip Tuesday! I’m sharing this on FB and Pinterest! :)

• says

Hi Sarah, Thanks for sharing and spreading the word. They really are so easy to make. We just finished some yesterday, and I need to make some more for tomorrow! Have a great weekend!

7. says

What a great idea. I found you via the Whole Food Wednesday linky party. I linked in a post about retro prawn cocktails Have a super week.

8. Tracy says

This looks like the easiest recipe for pb cups. I have made them in the past but with a few extra steps. I don’t use the cupcake liners though. I have silicon baking cups (I never use them for baking) and they pop right out to store in a container in the freezer or fridge. Thanks for the recipe.

• says

Hi Tracy, I do also have some silicon baking cups I haven’t used for this recipe because I got discouraged using them with muffins. I think I should give it another shot. Thanks for the suggestion. You are welcome for the recipe, and thanks for visiting!!

9. says

Oh I just love this recipe, I will be pinning to make this week for our playdate, the kids and adults will love these! Thanks so much for linking up at Heavenly Treats Sunday!

10. Jolie Hall says

Sonja, I thank YOU for sharing this DELICIOUS and EASY recipe with others. I wanted to share a couple of ways that I have made this recipe that differs from what you have shared here: 1.I used butter instead of coconut oil keeping the measurements the same. I think the flavor is great with this option, but I did not like that the chocolate chips do not all stay attached to the bottom of the cup (I think it is because the coconut oil is runnier). 2. I have used butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips and they tasted YUMMY!! This recipe is fantastic and I will continue to keep these tasty treats around!!

11. Micah says

Oh, YUM! I have tons of raw fudge-type recipes but was looking for something especially quick to make tonight. So glad I had this bookmarked. Being 9 months pregnant and “needing” chocolate, this is perfect! My husband and children enjoyed them as well. I just dumped everything into an 8×8 glass pan and put in the freezer while we ate supper. Will certainly make these after baby comes!

• says

Okay, one who bears a big blessing, that is GENIUS!! I have never thought about that, but I will totally try that since you can easily pour the peanut butter/coconut oil mixture over the chocolate chips! I just don’t know how easily they’ll cut. We have to finish the ones in our freezer and fridge first (I made a double batch this weekend!). Thanks for the tip and for visiting! May you have a safe birth and healthy baby!