Over the years Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups were my absolute favorite candy. I don’t know if it was the combo of chocolate and peanut butter together or the slight crunch of the hardened chocolate. When I made them homemade before they were heavy laden with powdered sugar and more powdered sugar. They were tasty, but really sweet. Sugary sweet. Too sweet. Because my taste buds have changed I like to reduce the amount of sugar in our food.
I was making these chocolate peanut butter cups when we had friends over for the Super Bowl. When I had extra peanut butter mixture, I thought I would just pour the mixture over the chocolate chips to save a few extra steps. This process eliminated some messy steps, which I really appreciated, making it quick and cleaner. Now it’s the way I make them! I like to keep them stocked in the freezer for that chocolate craving.
- 12 ounces of organic dark chocolate chocolate chips (a standard bag-dairy-free if needed)
- 1 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil (can use butter, but they are lumpy, but tasty)
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners (I have made this without the liners, and I have had a hard time "popping" the candies out at the end, so I HIGHLY recommend this. Also, using natural peanut butter and coconut oil makes the candies melt faster when at room temperature, so the cupcake liners makes everything much cleaner and tidier). You can either a mini muffin pan or a standard muffin pan.
- Place a layer of the chocolate chips on the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Heat the peanut butter and coconut oil until the coconut oil is melted.
- Stir the peanut butter mixture until it is nice and smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the chocolate chips.
- Freeze for 30 minutes or until hardened.
- Server directly out of the freezer, and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or in the freezer for 2 months (if they will last that long).
The Verdict: This is the quickest way that I have been able to get the chocolate and peanut butter combination together in a cup form. I make this recipe often now. This is one of my very favorite recipes ever!!!
Go here for the complete list of recipes.
We would love to hear from you! Feel free to comment. Get free e-mail updates by subscribing here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. “Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful.” (1 Corinthians 4:2 ESV) Thanks for visiting!
Do you want another 2-3 Ingredient Candy Recipe?
Have you tried some other chocolate peanut butter desserts like…?
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie Recipe
- No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Bite Recipe
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
Shared @ Cast Party Wednesday, Adorned from Above Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesday, The Mommy Club Wednesday, Show & Share Wednesday, Wow ME Wednesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Works for Me Wednesday, Healthy 2day Wednesday, Whole Food Wednesday, Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways, Tiny Tips Tuesday, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, One Project @ a Time, Tutorials & Tips Tuesday, Tip Me Tuesday, Take It On Tuesday, Simply Sensational Tuesday, Tutorials & Tips Link Party, Iron Chef Mom, PB, Making the World Cuter, Monday Mania, Homestead Barn Hop, Making Monday Marvelous, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Makin’ You Crave Monday, Welcome Home Link Up Monday, Sew Darn Crafty, Sunday Show-Off, Think Pink Sunday, Heavenly Treats Sunday, Scrumptious Sunday, Sundae Scoop, Church Supper, Spotlight Saturday, Saturday Show & Tell, Saturday Night Special, Weekend Wrap Up Party, Weekend Whatever, Weekend Potluck, Homemaking Link Up Party Friday, Inspiration Friday, I’m Lovin’ It, Foodie Friday, I’m Lovin’ It, Fit & Fabulous Friday, Small Footprints Friday, Foodie Friday, Wellness Weekend, Chic & Crafty, Thrifty Thursday 101, Simple Lives Thursday, Pennywise Platter Thursday, It’s a Keeper Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Rural Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Hookin’ Up with HOH Thurs., Transformation Thursday, 36th Avenue Sticker & Party Time Thurs., Somewhat Simple Blog Link Party Thurs.