4 Ingredient Biscuits~fast, tasty and easy
In the Relish Magazine that comes in our newspaper, they published a three ingredient Yogurt Biscuit recipe that inspired me to do an adaption. I am in love with creating food with minimal ingredients. The less ingredients, the more likely I am to make something from scratch, the more money saved, the healthier our food is…you get the picture. The original recipe calls for self-rising flour, but I use whole wheat flour here with baking powder. **Updated 3/14.
Biscuits can be so flexible. In the first four days I had the recipe, I made them three times, each time with a different purpose. The first time I made them just to try them as a side with soup. The second time I added cheese, garlic and Italian seasonings to make a flavorful side item on our menu. And the third time I made them to be the base for Strawberry Shortcake. So flexible. Yummy each time!!
The Verdict: As I said before, this recipe is so flexible. I love being able to make food with minimal ingredients. The biscuits are so moist and tasty. I’ve made them SEVERAL times! Love them!
4 Ingredient Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (try 1/2 whole wheat 1/2 white flour if you are transitioning to whole wheat baking. I grounded my wheat berries to have fresh flour. Using all white flour will make them fluffier.)
- 1 t salt
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt or plain Greek yogurt
- optional, 1 T TriMix (1 t Wheat Germ, 1 t Wheat Bran, 1 t Oat Bran)
- optional, 1 t ground flax seed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Grease baking sheet.
- Combine wheat flour, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Make a well with your dry goods.
- Add the yogurt to the middle of the well and pull the dry ingredients into the yogurt with a fork until everything is moist.
- Turn dough on a floured surface until it's no longer sticky. The dough will be nice, cool and soft.
- Form dough into a mass with a 3/4 inch thickness.
- Take a glass or cookie cutter to cut out biscuit circles.
- Place the biscuits on the baking sheet close together.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until biscuits turn golden brown. Stick a toothpick in the biscuits to make sure they are no longer doughy (unless you like doughy).
- Optional, top with butter directly out of the oven.
- Eat immediately with your favorite soup, dish, or top with strawberries and real whipped cream to enjoy some strawberry shortcake.
- Store in an airtight container if they don't get gobbled up.
Have you tried 4 Ingredient Coconut Delights?