We used to be faithful regulars at Red Robin around our birthdays. Now it can be fun to go, but it can be hard to find something healthy there. So on my birthday last week, I didn’t choose to go there this year for the first time in a decade, may be. Instead my family wanted to go to the Olive Garden (I know it’s not that much healthier), and I found a great grilled shrimp with and orange sauce served with risotto, red bell pepper and asparagus. Totally yum.
Anyway, we do love the Red Robin fries, and we know they can’t be terribly healthy for you. We don’t have French fries that often, so it’s a special treat to eat them. I decided to start baking the French fries which works really well. I also wanted to cook them in a crock-pot, so I have this slow cooking alternative to making the French fries which I think works just as well. Plus it allows me to be away from the kitchen for awhile, which I like: fix it and forget it!
- 7 cups potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Homemade Red Robin Seasoning or substitute the following 4 ingredients:
- 2 T garlic powder
- 2 T Italian Seasoning
- 1 T paprika
- 1 t pepper
- salt to taste
- Scrub the potatoes well.
- Slice them into potato wedges (I left the skins).
- Place the potatoes in the slow cooker.
- Stir in the olive oil.
- Cook on high for approximately 3 hours or until soft in the center of the fry, stirring every hour. Or cook on low for 5 hours, and stir every hour-hour and 1/2.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 35-45 minutes in preheated oven, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Use two baking sheets if needed.
The Verdict: The Homemade Red Robin Seasoning really makes these a really great substitute for the real things. We love these and prefer these!
Go here for the complete list of recipes.
We would love to hear from you! Feel free to comment. Get free e-mail updates by subscribing here. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter. “Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful.” (1 Corinthians 4:2 ESV) Thanks for visiting!!