For this Slow Cooker Saturdays installment I thought I would highlight different uses of the Slow Cooker and other recipes that may inspire your Cinco de Mayo celebrations (**updated 4/29/13).
The fifth of May. El Cinco de Mayo. What does that mean to you? In the United States of America we sometimes think of big Mexican hats (sombreros) and nachos and celebrating Mexican pride. Many people mistakenly think that El Cinco de Mayo is the day Mexicans celebrate their independence (which is actually 9/16). As a matter of fact El Cinco de Mayo is the day that Mexicans commemorate their victory in a battle against the French in 1862 at Puebla. In Mexico El Cinco de Mayo is called El Día de la Ballata de Puebla, translated to English as the Day of the Battle of Puebla.
Now onto some Mexican-inspired and party food. I complied a list of recipes that may make your Cinco de Mayo Celebration smoother with 17 crock-pot recipes and a few other recipes without the crock-pot.
Here are some main dish ideas:
- Crock-Pot or Not Mexican Lasagna
- Crock-pot Pulled Pork Tacos
- Crock-Pot or Not Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- Easy Bean Burrito Recipe
- Easy Turkey Nachos Recipe
- Crock-Pot Enchilada Casserole Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Pesto Recipe & Black Bean Burrito Recipe
- Homemade and Healthified Enchilada Sauce & Basic Enchilada Recipe
- Santa Fe Quinoa Stuffed Bell Pepper, G-F, V opt.
- Lime Avocado Black Bean Quinoa
What are you making for El Cinco de Mayo?
Have you tried any unusual crock-pot recipes?
Go here for the complete list of recipes.
We would love to hear from you! Get free e-mail updates by subscribing here. Follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. “Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found faithful” (1 Corinthians 4:2 ESV). Thanks for visiting!